Arts & Culture - Sarasota County Blog
Discover Sarasota County
Don’t miss this annual show that literally paints the picture of Sarasota
March 17-19 the Light Chasers of Sarasota will paint the destination. This sixth annual event features 200 artists, three great shows and one beautiful location.
On Friday March 17, join in on the Featured Artists Gala from 5 to 8 p.m. held at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park, 5500 S. Tamiami Trail. Paintings will be for sale. Artists will keep 70 percent of the proceeds and the remaining 30 percent will go to the Keith Farmhouse Restoration Fund. The gala is free and open to the public. The shows benefit the restoration of the Keith Farmhouse at Phillippi Estate Park. Donations will be taken at the door. Prizes will be awarded to the top three artists and the Joshua Rose prize from American Art Collector, which includes a full page advertisement in the magazine, will also be selected.
On Saturday, March 18, the festivities return with the Paint Sarasota Paint Out Gala, from 5 to 8. This gala will showcase participating artist’s Paint Sarasota Paint Out work. All works will be for sale.
Sunday, March 19, festivities conclude with an open gallery from 12 to 5 p.m. on site. Artwork will be for sale and is your final chance to view the work before it is picked up by the artists.
Additional information can be found at LightChasersInc.com.