Red Tide Resources
- Fish and Wildlife and Mote Marine have come together to create a Facebook page. "Like" their page for updates on their monitoring efforts for red tide and other harmful algal blooms in coastal Florida waters.
- Please visit the FWC website for updates on the status of red tide in Florida: http://myfwc.com/research/redtide/
- The latest red tide status reports from the FWC are also available by phone. Call 866-300-9399 at any time from anywhere in Florida to hear a recording about red tide conditions throughout the state. Callers outside of Florida can dial 727-552-2448. Standard calling charges apply.
- For daily red tide beach updates visit Sarasota County's beach conditions report Web site, or call 941-BEACHES (941-232-2437 Press 1 for Sarasota County)
Below are some useful resources regarding the Zika virus. Please refer to these should you have questions regarding the virus.
Zika Virus Resources
Where can I get more information and stay up-to-date on the Zika virus? The Florida Department of Health provides updated information for Florida residents and visitors to stay safe and aware about the status of the Zika virus. The department will continue to issue a Zika virus update each week day at 2 p.m. Updates will include a CDC-confirmed Zika case count by county and information to better keep Floridians and visitors prepared.
For information about specific cases in Sarasota County, please refer to the most updated information from the Sarasota County Health Department on 8/18/2016.
- Zika virus resources: click here
- Spill the Water Campaign geared for children NEW
- Zika Virus Information Hotline: 1-855-622-6735